Congratulations! You deserve this early look at your health status! Here’s some helpful information that will help you prepare for your appointment. We look forward to meeting you!
Please bring your questionnaire filled out. If you are not able to fill it out before your appointment please let the office know and arrive 15 minutes early to the appointment so we can have a copy ready for you to fill out.
Special Instructions for your imaging:
- No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatments 3 months prior to your imaging.
- No breast biopsy for one month prior.
- Lactation: Imaging is recommended if there is a problem or concern. However, a baseline is not recommended for at least 3 months after the last active breastfeeding.
24 hours prior to your appointment:
- Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity.
- No massage or lymph treatments.
- No chiropractic adjustments.
- No saunas, steam baths or hot tubs.
- No hot or cold packs.
- No Alcohol
Day of Exam:
- Avoid heavy makeup. Oil based products on the body will affect accurate detection by the camera.
- No hot shower within 4 hours of imaging.
- Avoid deodorant or creams on the skin, especially oils.
- No heat lamps or sunburn - you will have to reschedule
- Do not shave area to be imaged.
- For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours prior.
- No gum chewing.
- Avoid A/C or heat in the car blowing directly on you.
- You will be asked to remove all jewelry in the area to be imaged.